Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quote Searching

Today is a Sunday afternoon. I came home, did a few dishes to clean up and then we all (Dad, Anna, Gayla, me and Paul) made some homemade sub sandwiches. They were pretty good. We watched Master of Disguise while we ate, and I must confess, i'm getting sick of it :/ Then, after that, I got bored, so I was weird and Googled "Famous Quotes." Actually, I searched "Famous Qoutes" but that is spelled wrong so I wasn't going to tell you but I did, so get overit :P Anyways, I found this quote by a writer. A girl writer. A girl writer named Gwen. Gwen Bristow. I've never heard of her so I am not suggesting you read her books but I like this quote. (:

“We can get the new world we want, if we want it enough to abandon our prejudices, every day, everywhere. We can build this world if we practice now what we said we were fighting for.”
- Gwen Bristow

Ever have anyone ask you if you had one wish what would it be, and as a little kid you would say "I want the whole world save"? Well, even if you haven't, just play along. As Christians, we always want to share the gospel with everyone we know, we want to be known for telling others about Christ wherever we go, but a lot of us either don't really mean that, are to lazy, or for some other reason just don't do it.

Well, this quote sort of reminded me of that in some weird way, haha. She said that we can get the new world we want, all we have to do is throw out the old us, and our old selfish ways, and actually do something to gain that world we always say we want. What we want to to share Jesus with a lot of people, and like I said, some of us don't find time to do that. We need to get off our butts and do something. We need to make time FIRST for Jesus, and what he wants us to do, and then do other stuff. We have to want it so bad, that nothing else matters, and that we actually get out there and do something instead of just sitting still in our comfort zones at church.

I know i'm not one to talk because i'm shy, and I struggle with this all the time, but with God, all things are possible, we gotta remember that. And Mrs. Gwen is not a Christian, at least that I know of, but it can still apply.

We can change this world guys, but if we don't do anything nothing will happen.

"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” - Romans 10:14-15 (New Living Translation)

No comments: