Thursday, June 4, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make Lemonade, of course!
Y'all have probably heard that saying, or some other form of that saying sometime in your young years. Well, it's sort of true.
Lately, I've been realizing that life is changing a lot, and there are descisions that my friends, family and I need to make that will really start changing life and making it a whole new world (Haha, I like that song :P). We are going to have to choose between different paths for school, relationships, and what goals we put first in our life.
I've seen people who have decided what they are going to do in life, and then a few years later just totally leave that behind and pick something else.
It's actually very scary to me because this isn't some game we are playing, it's our lives, that hopefully we will be living for 70 years and more. That's a /long/ time!
Summer, thankfully, has given me and probably others time to think. Think about what road they are going to take, the easy one that probably doesn't lead to the best destination or the thin rocky path that leads to paradise.
I know this might sound crazy, but I'm for real. I hope that as I am older, my priorities stay in focus with Jesus, and that I follow the path he wants me to take because right now, and forever, he is the most important thing EVER. And I just pray that I don't give him up for some selfish earthly desire, whether it be school or friends.
I guess I'm just saying this because I've seen it done. People say that God has called them to this certain field and then just a little later they are doing something totally different and it's like, did God really call them to the other thing, or are they just ignoring Him? Hm...
Just something I don't want to happen to me I reckon.
When life seems to throw stuff at you, cling to God and make the best of the situation.


Bertha

No comments: