Monday, August 24, 2009

Always Remember!

Joshua 1:8 - "Always remember what is written in the Book of Teachings. Study it day and night to be sure to obey everything that is written here. If you do this, you will be wise and successful in everything."

Think that going to church and praying is enough? Think again! To thrive in your relationship with Christ you GOTTA dive into His Word! It guides you and helps you in your walk with Jesus. It's his love letter to us and tells us how to live! (:

Here, it says study it day and night so you will remember it and obey it. How do you think those spiritual people can qoute verses of the top of their head? By reading them over and over, and putting them to heart. If you don't spend time reading God's word, you won't thrive, you can't possibly put all your heart into something that you aren't giving any time to!

I know it's hard to study it day and night, or even once a day, but it should be on the top of your list, because if you make time for this, God will provide the time for the other things that are keeping you from your quiet time.

Trust me, I've made excuses over and over again, even recently over the last few days, and then I open and read it and this is what God tells me! Haha. It's really funny, but God cares about me and he is telling me that I need to read it everyday, steadily, instead of reading a ton of chapters once or twice a week.

Pray about it to God, ask Him any question you have, he's your friend, father, protector, healer, comforter and so much more, read the Bible and you will experience a life you never knew! Or, I guess if you already read it then you do know it but, you can always grow (:

1 comment:

justagirl4god said...

Hi!
Starting next Monday, I will be doing a series on my blog about 'Living a Life of Purity'. I'd love it if you would come check it out and could pass on the word!
A button for the series is available in my blog's sidebar.
Thanks!
justagirl4god